AccentCare can help address dementia behaviors, while helping to ensure a safe environment to help you or your loved one remain in the comfort of home for as long as possible. Our program for dementia care includes:
- Assessment and treatment of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia as well as physical manifestations
- Medication management
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Utilization of cognitive training, muscle memory and validation therapy strategies
- Adoption of your loved one’s perspective by providing a supportive social environment
- Caregiver training and support strategies
When your loved one has access to skilled healthcare professionals at home, it improves your quality of life too. We provide supportive counseling for caregivers who may feel overwhelmed and alone, in addition to training and support strategies to help you cope with the potential stress of caring for a loved one with dementia. When you have support, you can spend less time worrying about how to provide care, and more time appreciating that your loved one is being cared for at home with professional assistance.