Slowing the spread of coronavirus requires we all work together, following the guidance of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and our state public health leaders.
As leaders in senior living, we know you are acutely concerned about protecting your clients. We’d like to take the time to tell you what AccentCare, and our family of companies, are doing to responsibly protect our patients and your community.
Here are some of the preparations underway at AccentCare:
- We are vigilantly following CDC’s communication and guidance
- Extensive training according to role and job
- No matter the role, all AccentCare employees are required to complete training based on the CDC’s coronavirus fact sheets.
- Caregivers, field personnel, and those that are involved with the facilitation of care are required to complete job-specific training including proper use of PPE.
- We have incorporated screening questions in our intake and patient encounters. Those screenings are hardwired into Homecare Homebase, our medical record.
- We have repeatedly communicated the utmost importance of hygiene.
- We are tracking our own employees’ exposure and risk, and taking steps to limit their interactions when necessary.
What do you need to do differently? Our processes are hardwired to intake new patients with a coronavirus screening. Nothing will change for you.
If you determine that restricting access to outsiders is in the best interest of your clients, we will, of course, honor that. We would however, like your help in maintaining clinical contact with our patients. Whether that be in an acceptable face-to-face access or us use other means such as telehealth to administer care. Your regular AccentCare representative can help you with this.
Thank you for trusting AccentCare with your community. We are honored to work alongside you, as we face the coronavirus challenge together, as a unified team.