Home Health Services
Whether aiding with recovery or managing a chronic illness, our Home Health Services can help you or your loved one achieve optimal levels of health and independence, wherever youcall home.
Services vary by location
Frequently Asked Questions
Home healthcare services can include a range of in-home medical care to help manage recovery, a chronic condition or pain, as well as non-medical services that provide assistance in managing safety and independence… all in the comfort of home. These services can include:
- Skilled Nursing
- Personal Care Services
- Hospice Care
- Private Duty Nursing
AccentCare works with you and your physician to create a care plan to help you optimize your health and independence at home.
Skilled home healthcare services include in-home nursing and therapy services for those recovering from illness or surgery, or managing a chronic condition. Services are provided by licensed professionals based on individual needs. Our skilled home healthcare services focus on helping you achieve your optimal levels of health and independence wherever you call home, while helping to reduce unplanned re-hospitalizations and emergency room visits.
A plan of care is developed based on your individual needs, and may include:
- Skilled Nursing
- Assessment and observation
- Health procedures
- Teaching and training regarding your care plan
- Management and evaluation
- Palliative care
- Behavioral healthcare (including Late Life Depression and Dementia)
- Rehabilitative Therapies
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Skilled home healthcare services are for anyone recovering from illness or surgery, or managing a chronic condition, such as CHF, COPD, Diabetes, or Late Life Depression.
To receive skilled home healthcare, a physician must certify the need for such care and that the patient is homebound. “Homebound” does not mean that a patient is bed-ridden. It simply means that a patient can’t currently leave home because of illness or injury without “considerable and taxing effort”. If you think you or a loved one could benefit from home health services, talk to your physician.
A clinician will make a home visit at a time and date scheduled for your convenience. During the visit, the nurse will make assessments and review information such as medications, physician orders and the plan of care. In addition, we review our Alert Your Nurse® program to help ensure that patients understand how to monitor their specific condition(s) and how to reach a nurse if needed.
“Home” is simply where you live … a personal residence, assisted or independent living community, nursing home or wherever you call home.
Absolutely. Your right to choose any provider involved in your healthcare is a right that is protected by law. Just ask your doctor or hospital discharge planner about home healthcare services, and let them know you’d like to use AccentCare, if you prefer our services. We’d be honored to serve you.
- Company’s overall STAR Ratings far exceed the ratings distribution for the overall home health industry as measured by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). CMS mandated these ratings to help patients and their families make better and more informed choices about home healthcare providers.
- Proprietary programs with proven outcomes for chronic conditions such as Heart Failure (CHF), COPD, Diabetes, Joint Rehabilitation and Late Life Depression.
- Specialized programs for Veterans, Palliative Care and Behavioral Health
- Effective use of technology for safely and efficiently capturing and communicating data
- Trained staff with over 200 mandatory learning modules and supported continued education
- Interdisciplinary team approach to better serve the patient and family
- Highly diversified range of post-acute care services in 16 states, giving us a wealth of experience that is shared across our entire company and delivered in your local community
- Many offices have achieved Home Care Elite status, a recognition of the top-performing skilled home health agencies in the United States
Awards & Designations
At AccentCare our quality and safety efforts are evidence of the depth of work that is underway and ongoing, with the well-being of our patients as the ultimate goal.
Tools & Resources
by HomeCare HomeBase
Stay informed of you or your loved one’s home health visits and progress.
Not applicable for Personal Care or Hospice services
Daily Living Advice
FREE personalized advice, tips and tricks to enhance your health, independence and ability to age-in-place.